The provincial NDP is down another candidate, the second in less than 24 hours.
Weyburn-Big Muddy hopeful Mark Jeworski resigned citing personal reasons.
He was another candidate whose old posts on social media had been highlighted, this time about nuclear power and where the uranium should be stored in a certain house in Swift Current.
Another of Jeworski’s posts was highlighted. It referred to Bill 6 in Alberta, saying “this sounds reasonable to me and isn’t the monster it’s been made out to be”.
Jeworski was also under fire for an alleged comment from August 2015 to the effect that Wall’s mother should have taken an abortion pill.
NDP leader Cam Broten addressed the issue during an event in Saskatoon Friday.
“That is an offensive comment and that is inappropriate. This candidate stepped down. He’s off the team. And what I’m focused on here is the issues of the day,” he said.
On Thursday, party leader Cam Broten removed Clayton Wilson as a candidate in the Saskatoon Northwest riding. The move came after screen captured images allegedly showed Wilson making derogatory comments about women in 2011 and 2013.
“I don’t think anyone wants this campaign to spiral down into a thing where it’s trawling through Facebook and Twitter accounts and finding every example of a bad joke or an off-colour statement. But in the case of (Saskatoon) Northwest, when it comes to sexual harassment, when it comes to violence against women — I have a zero-tolerance policy,” Broten said.
The NDP has a chance to replace these candidates. The deadline to register is March 19.