Lieutenant-Governor of Saskatchewan Vaughan Schofield announced the 2016 recipients of the province’s Order of Merit on Tuesday.
Nine people are set to receive the award at a ceremony on May 24.
The 2016 recipients are:
- Rawlco Radio CEO Gord Rawlinson
- Retired nurse, author and business owner Jo Anne Bannatyne-Cugnet
- Canada Media Fund president and CEO Valerie Creighton
- Rormer Canpotex president and CEO Steve Dechka
- Research scientist Keith Downey
- Social worker and child advocate Isabelle Impey
- Treaty Commissioner George Lafond, treaty commissioner of Saskatchewan
- Businessman Eldon McIntyre
- Artist Wilf Perreault
Established in 1985, the Saskatchewan Order of Merit is the highest honour bestowed by the province.