Two house fires in Saskatoon caused around $270,000 in damage overnight Saturday.
First crews were called to a home at 130 Avenue G North around 9:30 p.m. where flames ran from the kitchen to the second floor and eventually up to the attic.
A firefighter was hurt by broken glass while working to get the blaze under control.
It was started with unattended cooking and caused $200,000 damage.
The around 11:40 p.m. crews were called to a fire at 1139 Avenue I South.
The house was vacant after five people had recently moved out.
It’s not clear what sparked the fire, but it caused $70,000 in damage.