A Swift Current company is being fined for the deaths of two workers.
J & D Sewer Services Ltd. has been fined $42,000 after two staff died after being exposed to hydrogen sulfide in a sewer line.
The incident took place near the village of Fox Valley, about 425 km west of Regina, on Sept. 8, 2014.
The business pleaded guilty in July to two counts under occupational health and safety legislation. That included failure to ensure a worker is trained in all matters necessary to protect their health and safety as well as failure to take all practical steps to prevent workers from being exposed to something harmful causing death.
On Sept. 27, 2016, the company was fined $15,000 plus a $6,000 surcharge for each person.