The Pats scored furiously in the first period but were shut out for the rest in the first of a two game set at Moose Jaw Friday night.
It was the Warriors that got the scoring started when Nikita Popugaev found the net just 36 seconds into the frame.
Six minutes later, Noah Gregor scored on the five on four with Dawson Leedahl in the box for cross checking putting Moose Jaw up 2-0 early.
Those early goals must have lit the Pats up because they went on to score four goals of their own in just four minutes.
Luc Smith scored the first two goals 25 seconds apart before Sam Steel and Dawson Leedahl each put one past Zach Sawchenko.
The Warriors would go on the offensive in a penalty ridden second period which included a fight between Pats defenceman Connor Hobbs and Dakota Odgers.
Gregor netted his second of the night for Moose Jaw before teammates Brayden Burke tied it up with eight minutes left in the second period.
The game winning goal came just moments later from the Warriors Tristan Langan.
The third period remained scoreless, leaving the final score at 5-4.
The two teams will square off again at the Brandt Centre Saturday night at 7pm.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Friday’s stars: Noah Gregor (Moose Jaw), Nikita Popugaev (Moose Jaw), Sam Steel (Pats)
- This is just the Pats third regulation loss of the season, moving their record to 21-3-6.
- The Warriors gain some ground on the Pats and move to 20-7-4.
- Sam Steel remains second in the league in points scored at 50.
- The Warriors were 2 for 5 on the powerplay. The Pats went 0 for 3.