Dawson Leedahl scored twice, including the overtime winner to lead the Pats past Prince Albert 3-2 Monday evening.
The win comes after a difficult weekend for Regina. The Pats played three games in four days, losing two of them.
The first goal of the game came courtesy of the Raiders’ Sean Montgomery, after an Austin Wagner interference penalty 13 minutes into the first period.Prince Albert took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission.
Leedahl notched his first goal of the game at 4:35 in the second, with help from Josh Mahura and Sam Steel.
An Adam Brooks penalty put Prince Albert back on the powerplay and the Raiders took advantage. Tim Vanstone scored his 11th of the season, but the lead didn’t hold, with Josh Mahura getting on the board with 13 seconds left in the second period.
The tie held through the third period and forced the teams into overtime, where Leedahl scored his second goal of the game and 29th of the season to secure the win for the Pats. Mahura and Steel were there again for the assists.
The Pats head to Saskatoon for their next game on Wednesday night.
- Stars: Ian Scott, Josh Mahura, Dawson Leedahl
- The Pats outshot the Raiders 44-29 in the game.
- Sam Steel got his 104th and 105th points in tonight’s game.
- Adam Brooks is two points away from hitting 100 and is second in the league behind Steel for points.
- The Pats hold the top spot in the WHL and are six points ahead of the second-place Medicine Hat Tigers.