Whether it’s new bus routes or expanded ones, the City of Regina wants your input on proposed transit changes coming in 2018.
The public has another week to provide feedback on five potential route changes which include:
• new Arcola Express, route 60
• changed Windsor Park service, on routes 12 and 14, to complement the new Arcola Express route
• expanded Harbour Landing service, for route 40
• expanded Fairways West service on route 10
• expanded Tuxedo Park service for routes 7 and 9
Mayor Michael Fougere said the city is really pushing for more people to ride the bus, especially if riding the bus takes just as long as it does riding in their car.
“We’re trying to encourage people to take transit. [It’s] always better to do that and we have had ridership go up for the last number of years,” he said.
“It’s all about making transit more effective and more efficient for people to set their car aside and use the buses.”
The public has until Oct. 16 to weigh in. Interactive maps are available online as well outlining current routes and the proposed changes.