The stench of smoke and sulfur lingers after a house fire on one of Saskatoon’s main arteries on Tuesday.
On Dec.1 just before noon the Saskatoon fire department responded to a call of a house fire at 1127 Idylwyld Drive, right across from Saskatchewan Polytechnic’s Kelsey Campus.
Fire investigators said the fire originated in the laundry room, noting that the dryer was left running. No one was in the home at the time of the fire; firefighters contained a dog that had been left outside.
Police blocked of the southbound lanes of Idylwyld Drive until the fire was contained.
The fire department continues to scour the scene to estimate the damage.