There was nothing sweet about what some parents found in their children’s candy bags in Lloydminster.
RCMP have received complaints from two people who found pills inside their children’s candy bags.
One of the reports was that a person found a blister pack filled with medication; the other complaint came in after a child bit into a snickers bar and found a round, white pill inside.
The child didn’t ingest the pill, which was stamped with “APO”. She gave it to her parents. They took a closer look at the candy wrapper and could tell it had been opened and resealed.
RCMP say the girl got the snickers in the Lakeside area of Lloydminster. Mounties are now urging parents to carefully look through their children’s candy to make sure none of the packaging has been tampered with.
Anyone who finds candy that has been tampered with is asked to contact the RCMP.