It’s the day many in Saskatchewan have been waiting for.
Guns N’ Roses will take the stage at Mosaic Stadium in Regina tonight.
Paula Kohl is director of marketing and communications for Regina Exhibition Association Limited, which operates the stadium.
She said the concert will run like a Rider game when it comes to transit and closing nearby streets.
There will be free shuttle service from 4:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. and then transit will pick back up again at 10 p.m. and run until everyone is gone from the stadium.
There are six locations for the free Mosaic shuttle:
- Normanview Crossing
- Northgate Mall
- Southland Mall
- Victoria Square Mall
- Saskatchewan Drive at Hamilton Street
- Victoria Avenue at Scarth Street
The Mosaic shuttle isn’t the only way to get to the stadium for free.
“If you do have a concert ticket, you can hop on any bus. Just show the driver your ticket and you can ride for free and that also includes paratransit,” Kohl said.
There will also be a bike valet at the stadium.
All the streets that close during a Rider game will also be closed during the concert. Kohl said Elphinstone Street will be closed starting at 2:30 p.m.
“The reason that happens is just to keep everybody safe. There are a lot of people that are walking and just to keep people and traffic separate is always a good idea for safety reasons,” Kohl said.
Parking during the concert will also mirror parking at Rider games.
Gates open at 4:30 p.m. with Our Lady Peace set to hit the stage at 6:15 p.m.
Following a quick stage turnaround, Guns N’ Roses will take the stage around 7:30 p.m.
What you can bring
- Sealed plastic bottles of non-carbonated, non-flavoured water, up to one litre
- Aerosol cans containing sunscreen and bug spray
- Empty thermos or water bottle no larger than one litre
- Backpacks, bags or soft-sided coolers no larger than 12”x12”x18”
- Seat cushions
What you can’t bring
- Alcohol or illegal substances (alcohol can be purchased inside the stadium)
- Outside drinks, except those indicated in the permitted items section
- Outside food with the exception of pre-packaged, single-serving snacks
- Glass bottles
- Professional cameras with detachable lens, video cameras and tripods
- Backpacks, bags, hard-sided coolers or containers larger than 12” x 12” x 18”
- Rods, dowels, hockey sticks, selfie sticks, umbrellas, golf ball retrievers or other items that may obstruct other guests’ views
- Any illegal items or objects security personnel determine could be dangerous to other guests (e.g. knives)
- Signs that obstruct stadium signage, displays or other guests’ views
- Unmanned aerial vehicles or remote-controlled devices (e.g. drones)
- Laser pointers, frisbees, balls, bats
- Roller blades, roller skates and skate boards
- Musical instruments, air horns, powered megaphones and boom boxes
- Obscene/indecent signs or clothing
- Pets (service animals are permitted)
- Explosive devices (e.g. fireworks, smoke bombs)
- Aerosol cans (e.g. hairspray, silly string)
- Unapproved pamphlets, handouts or advertisements
- Gang clothing or paraphernalia
- Masks (acceptable when worn in your seat only; must be removed when leaving your section)