Regina police have charged a man in connection with a series of random shootings in Regina’s south end two years ago.
The man was a teenager when the shootings took place on November 12 and 15, 2015.
On Nov. 12, police said shots were fired through windows of a business on the 4600 block of Albert Street around 12:50 a.m. The business was open but no one was hurt.
At 1:22 a.m. the same morning, shots were fired through the living room window of a home on Gordon Road, luckily no one living there was hurt.
Three days later, two people were sent to the hospital on Nov. 15 after what police described at the time as random shootings on Albert Street.
First a 33-year-old woman was shot at the Pizza Hut on South Albert Street. The woman was an employee and was closing up the restaurant around 11: 30 p.m. when she was shot.
Around 11:56 p.m., police were called to the nearby McDonalds on South Albert Street where a man, 23 at the time, had been shot in the parking lot. He was also taken to the hospital.
At the time of the attacks, police said the victims couldn’t see who shot them so there was no description available for any suspects.
On Nov. 17, officers were called to Richardson Crescent and Frontenac Drive where they discovered a cache of firearms.
After a two year investigation, a man was arrested and charged on Oct. 16, 2017.
Police are not naming the man because he was a youth at the time of the offences. He faces 13 charges, including two counts of attempted murder.
He made his first appearance in court on Oct. 16, 2017 and appeared again on Nov. 2.
Police said the investigation is ongoing.