On Sunday night, for at least the seventh time in the previous week, Regina police officers responded to an armed robbery at a business.
The latest robbery was at a business on Victoria Avenue East, on the northwest corner at Fleet Street.
Police say a man with a handgun walked in just before midnight, threatened the staff with the gun, and then took off with cash.
Over the preceding six days, six other businesses or restaurants have been robbed, two which were just a few doors down from each other.
In each case, a man, or men, with weapons walked in demanding cash. In one of the robberies the man had a knife, but in all the others the thief either had a gun or led the people working to believe he had a gun.
On Thursday police arrested a 37-year-old man in connection with the robbery along the service Road east of the Victoria Avenue and Park Street intersection—but that’s the only arrest made in these robberies.
Nothing has been said as to whether any of these robberies are related.
- Apr. 9, 2018: Late in the afternoon two men with guns walked into a business in a strip mall on Seventh Avenue in the Rosemont area. Police said they got the money they demanded and took off in a dark-coloured vehicle.
- Apr. 10, 2018: Police were called around 11:30 p.m. about a man with a gun who walked into a business on the Victoria Avenue, east of Park Street, demanding money. When he got it he ran off. Police say the man was wearing a black balaclava over his face.
- Apr. 11, 2018: A man walked into a restaurant on Albert Street, just north of Avonhurst, with a gun. Police say he demanded money and when he got it he took off. Police say he wore a black toque and black face mask.
- Apr. 12, 2018: Police say a man with a knife walked into a business on Victoria Avenue, just east of Park Street. He demanded money and then ran off after getting it. Later that morning police arrested a 37-year-old man.
- Apr. 14, 2018: Around 1 a.m. a man walked into a business on 9th Avenue E., the Glencairn Bolodrome, with what he led victims to believe was a gun, according to police.
- Apr. 14, 2018: Shortly after 2 a.m. a man with a gun walked into a business on Rochdale Boulevard, just west of Stockton Street. He demanded money and then took off.
- Apr. 15, 2018: Just before midnight, a man with a handgun walked into a business near the northwest corner of Victoria Avenue and Fleet Street. He demanded money, then fled when he got it.
In each of these cases, police are asking anyone with information to call them at 306-777-6500 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.