Another two potential MLAs are off the ticket for Saskatchewan’s New Democrats after inappropriate social media posts were found by their own party.
On Saturday morning, NDP leader Cam Broten stood in front of reporters and read a prepared statement, explaining that two more of their candidates were being removed for inappropriate social media posts.
Cameron Robock, candidate for Estevan, and Terry Bell, candidate for Regina-Walsh Acres, will not be on the ballot this election.
Broten said after two NDP candidates were removed from the ballot earlier this week due to inappropriate social media posts, he instructed the campaign to take a closer look at all the candidates’ social media.
“There were two instances that went beyond bad jokes and immaturity. Two candidates crossed the line, and I won’t stand for that. As the leader, it is my responsibility to take action, and I have.”
Broten wouldn’t elaborate on what those posts were or why they crossed the line.
He admitted there was a gap in the vetting process, and has removed his campaign manager as well. He said his chief of staff, Linsay Martens, will be the new campaign manager. Broten said the NDP will have new candidates soon.
“That’s the type of leadership I want to provide – when there is a problem, I want to work to take action to fix it, and to make sure that those mistakes are not repeated.”
Sask. NDP drop 2 more candidates
By Lisa Schick
Mar 12, 2016 | 1:24 PM
Discover more on CJME.com
MoreOPINION


Sarah Mills says a W5 investigation into alleged violence, trafficking and organized crime at Canada's busiest airport s...

Murray Wood: The most charming words kids say are usually the wrong ones
Kids mispronounce the funniest things. And Murray Wood thinks that sometimes, parents shouldn't rush to fix them.
LATEST WEATHER
TODAY ON EVAN BRAY


The Evan Bray Show - Friday, May 22
On Friday's show, Evan speaks with a Saskatchewan runner who is planning to run the vertical length of Saskatchewan (abo...





