The RCMP continues its investigation into the disappearance of Mekayla Bali.
The 16-year-old has been missing since April 12, she was last seen at the Saskatchewan Transportation Company bus depot in Yorkton,.
Investigators do not think Mekayla has come to any harm but do want to locate her and make sure she is OK.
Searchers have turned up no evidence of where she might be. She has not been active on social media nor used any banking or credit cards.
While piecing together her whereabouts in the hours before she disappeared the RCMP have established one hour where they do not know what Mekayla did or who she talked with.
Police have received information regarding an unknown adult make at the bus depot that may have interacted with her.
He is described as 40 to 50-years-old, 5’10” to 6’2″, stocky medium build with muscular arms with a scar below his left eye and tattoos on his right arm and a cross by his left elbow.
This man is not considered a suspect by the RCMP but Inspector Jennifer Ebert says he may have information that could help.
“We are seeking to speak with him and determine if he knows anything about Mekayla, if they had a conversation, if he knows anything,” she explained. “It is important to fill in the entire thing and know who she had contact with that day.”
Releasing a timeline of Mekayla’s last known hours the RCMP hopes it may jog someone’s memory about that day.
– Approximately 8:20 a.m. – arrived at Sacred Heart High School
– Between 8:25 and 8:30 a.m. – leaves Sacred Heart High School
– Between 8:30 and 8:40 a.m. – walks eastbound on Smith Street West from the intersection of Smith Street West and Gladstone Avenue North
– Between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m. – enters Terry’s Pawn and Bargain on 3rd Avenue North
– Between 8:50 and 8:55 a.m. – enters and then exits the TD Bank on 63 Broadway Street East
– Between 8:55 and 9:00 a.m. – walks eastbound on Broadway Street East
– Between 9:00 and 9:15 a.m. – enters Tim Horton’s at 160 Broadway Street East
– Between 9:15 and 9:30 a.m. – exits Tim Hortons and walks northbound on 8th Avenue North
– Between 9:30 and 9:40 a.m. – walks westbound on 100-200 block of Broadway Street East then momentarily walks northbound on 6th Avenue North
– Between 9:40 and 9:50 a.m. – walks eastbound in the parking lot of the 100-200 block of Broadway Street East between Giant Tiger and Superstore
– Between 9:50 and 9:55 a.m. – reenters Tim Hortons at 160 Broadway Street East
– Between 10:40 and 10:45 a.m. – leaves Tim Hortons and walks westbound on Broadway Street East past the Kia Dealership, crosses the 7th Avenue intersection toward the Ramada Hotel, turns around and walks southbound on 7th Avenue for a short distance, turns around and walks past the Ramada Hotel, continuing west on Broadway Street East and past Robins Donuts
– Between 10:45 and 11:55 a.m. – whereabouts unknown
– Between 11:55 and 12:00 p.m. – enters Sacred Heart High School
– Between 12:00 and 12:05 p.m. – leaves Sacred Heart High School
– Between 12:15 and 1:00 p.m. – purchases a meal at the Trail Stop Restaurant in the STC bus depot building on 1st Avenue North
– Between 1:00 and 1:45 p.m. – leaves the STC bus depot
Investigators have found no evidence Mekayla has a passport and investigators have no reason to believe she has left Canada but border crossings have been notified.
Anyone who was in the same areas as Mekayla during these times is asked to think what they might have seen and contact police. It can also be done anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-22-TIPS.