People were forced to leave a Saskatoon apartment building after deadly gas was detected in the air.
Around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, fire crews were dispatched to 130 Edinburgh Place for a smell of natural gas in the basement.
Officials said firefighters entering the building found an odd smell, but not natural gas.
Some people living in the building had already evacuated, and the Saskatoon Fire Department made sure the rest also left.
As part of the investigation, crews used a monitor to check the air quality. Carbon monoxide was detected and readings were highest in the boiler room.
Further investigation revealed a faulty exhaust system to a boiler. The natural gas was shut off and the building was ventilated.
The scene was turned over to SaskEnergy.
No people were injured or harmed during this incident.
Residents were allowed to re-enter the building.