There have been no meter fires since Sunday, but SaskPower is expanding its inspections across Regina and Moose Jaw.
Around 1,400 homes in Regina have been inspected after five recent incidents where meters caught fire.
SaskPower said the fires were sparked when shifting ground pulled wires.
This has mostly occurred in older homes and that’s where SaskPower has focused efforts – inspecting homes in the Glencairn, Uplands and Normanview neighbourhoods.
SaskPower technicians and electricians will be inspecting homes across Regina in the coming weeks, as well as in the Moose Jaw area.
SaskPower said Friday several hundred homes have required “immediate or non-urgent repairs” so far.
Electricians are slated to return to homes to install permanent fixes at no cost to the homeowners.
While there haven’t been any fires since Sunday, the energy company noted the few cases crews have seen are on newer builds, where pulled wires simply cause an outage at the house.
It’s also seen “less severe, but still significant” ground shifting and impact on power cables in the Moose Jaw area.
The Crown corporation is still asking people to inspect their power boxes, looking for pulling away of the box, gaps between the house and the ground or exposed wires. Anyone who spots that should call SaskPower for repairs.