Regina police have confirmed it was fentanyl that caused two people to overdose earlier this year.
Police were called to a home on the 1800 block of Osler Street on June 22 where two separate non-fatal drug overdoses had taken place in the home in the early morning.
According to police, both men involved in the overdoses were taken to hospital by EMS immediately following the incident and were later discharged.
Police believed the men thought they were using heroin at the time. They issued a warning to the public as the unknown substance was sent off to Health Canada for testing.
Health Canada confirmed it was fentanyl.