A man who went up a tree to escape Regina police on Wednesday is now facing charges.
The man had climbed the tree on the 700 block of Garnet Street around 11:45 a.m. to escape police and would only be coaxed down at 4:30 p.m. when a neighbour offered him a taco.
Police were in the area looking for a suspected car thief when they located the man on a stolen bicycle, at that point the man went up the tree.
Now, 32-year-old Robin Kaiswatum is facing 20 charges, including:
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
- Breach of probation
- Break, enter and commit theft (five counts)
- Break, enter and commit mischief
- Possession of property cbtained by crime under $5,000 (five counts)
- Theft under $5,000 (three counts)
- Theft over $5,000
- Mischief under $5,000 (two counts)
- Resist arrest
The charges come from a number of car and bicycle thefts over the last month.
Kaiswatum was in court Friday morning.
The investigation continues.