Weyburn firefighters spent part of Wednesday night battling a fire at Mryglod’s Steel and Metal.
According to employees of Mryglod’s, at roughly 8:00 p.m., a pile of copper wire and plastic was sparked and quickly caught fire, as you can see from the video below.
Although there was initially concerns of the fire spreading to other areas of the yard, Weyburn Fire remained on scene until the fire was completely out.
Traffic was temporarily rerouted in the area but is once again open to the public.
The cause of the fire has yet to be verified.
Written by Dara Currie with files from Glenn Rogers for www.discoverweyburn.com
We’ll have more details for you as they become available.