The top earners working for the City of Regina have been revealed as the 2017 public accounts were released.
The public accounts report the employees making more than $50,000 and the list includes those working for the city, as well as partner organizations like Regina Police Service and the public library. This year, there are now more people earning over $150,000.
Some of the largest salaries went to executives at the Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) with nine employees breaking the $150,000 threshold.
REAL’s retiring president and CEO, Mark Allan, earned $288,062 last year. He is the second-highest paid official on the list.
Lauri J. Morin, a superintendent with the Regina Police Service, is the top earner with the city, with a salary of $191,884 but coupled with $137,935 in “other income” — which is typically severance or vacation pay — to make her the top earner at $329,819.
A number of Regina Police Service managers made significant salaries with Chief Evan Bray at $243,207.
The city’s executive team took a pay freeze as it reacted to the province’s austerity budget, but Chris Holden, the city manager, remained one of the higher-earners at $277,376.
The public accounts were presented to the Finance and Administration Committee on Monday.
The top 10
- Lauri J. Morin, Superintendent, Regina Police Service: $191,884 (regular), $137,935 (other), $329,819 (total)
- Mark Allan, President & CEO, REAL: $279,062 (regular), $9,000 (other), $288,062 (total)
- Louise M. Mohr, Executive Director, Regina Police Service: $185,628 (regular), $101,016 (other), $286,644 (total)
- Christopher Holden, City Manager, City of Regina: $260,043 (regular), $17,333 (other), $277,376 (total)
- Evan J. Bray, Chief of Police, Regina Police Service: $235,080 (regular), $8,227 (other), $243,307 (total)
- Dean R. Rae, Deputy Chief of Police, Regina Police Service: $223,824 (regular), $11,870 (other), $235,694 (total)
- Nolton Knippel, VP Finance & CFO, REAL: $213,156 (regular), $16,172 (other), $229,328 (total)
- Ian Rea, Chief Financial Officer, City of Regina: $181,958 (regular), $44,534 (other), $226,492 (total)
- Byron G. Werry, City Solicitor, City of Regina: $204,902 (regular), $17,315 (other), $222,217 (total)
- John Lee, President & CEO, Economic Development Regina: $176,815 (regular), $44,899 (other), $221,714 (total)