With the Riders and Alouettes set for a showdown at Mosaic Stadium Saturday night, Regina police are reminding drivers about traffic restrictions surrounding the stadium.
Saturday’s game will be a special one for the Saskatchewan Roughriders as they honour the SJHL’s Humboldt Broncos with a pre-game ceremony as well as other tributes.
Beginning at 4 p.m., there will be no vehicles allowed on the 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of Elphinstone Street — only transit buses and local traffic will be allowed to pass through. Residents might be asked to provide proof, should they live in the area.
Road closures include:
- 1500 block of Elphinstone Street at Dewdney Avenue
- Princess Street and Ninth Avenue
- Argyle Street and Ninth Avenue
- MacTavish Street and Ninth Avenue
- Elphinstone Street and Ninth Avenue
- Montague Street and 10th Avenue
- Elphinstone Street and North Railway Street
- Saskatchewan Drive and Elphinstone Street
Police are asking drivers to leave early and allow extra time for travel and parking. They also encourage people to take advantage of the free game day transit service provided by the City of Regina.
Removing all valuables from vehicles and locking doors will reduce the opportunity for a crime to be committed.
As always, if someone is planning on drinking during the game, they should plan a safe ride home.