Labour Day means more than just the final summer holiday to enjoy the lake.
It also means a change in business hours for those staying in Regina this weekend.
Here’s what’s open and closed this Labour Day Monday:
- City Hall is closed
- Parking is free during posted parking hours
- The Regina Landfill is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Garbage and recycling pick-up will continue as scheduled
- North West and Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centres are open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lawson Aquatic Centre pool is closed for maintenance, but the strength and conditioning area and fieldhouse are open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Transit will be operating under its holiday hours
Here’s a full list of what the city has open and closed this weekend.
The Saskatchewan Provincial Building and Construction Trades Council, and the Regina and District Labour Council is holding its annual Labour Day picnic from noon until 3:30 p.m. in the meadow east of the flower garden directly north of the legislative building.
The 12th annual Labour Day Show N Shine is also going on from noon until 4 p.m. at the Access Communications’ Community Park.