There was no appearance for the self-proclaimed “Queen of Canada” at the Swift Current Court of King’s Bench on Tuesday.
During her last appearance in Swift Current Provincial Court on Nov. 12, Romana Didulo had scheduled a time with the Court of King’s Bench to argue for the removal of her release conditions.
Read more:
- Judge denies Romana Didulo’s request to move Swift Current case
- RCMP release all 16 in Richmound search warrant, two re-arrested, no charges
- ‘When has a cult ever turned good?’: Richmound mayor describes aftermath of raid
That appearance didn’t happen as Didulo’s application to the court was not adequate to proceed with the hearing.
She was contacted by the court and told not to make the trip to Swift Current from Regina.
When she applied to the provincial court in November to have her release conditions dropped, Judge Alan Jacobson noted it was clear from the application that Didulo did not have the advantage of legal counsel and didn’t know what she was doing.
Didulo is representing herself.
Her next scheduled appearance is on Jan. 14 at the provincial court to address satisfaction with disclosure.
Her preliminary inquiry is set for March 2.
The leader of the “Kingdom of Canada” movement is charged with one count of failing to comply with an undertaking condition and one count of intimidation of a justice system participant.
RCMP first arrested Didulo on Sept. 3 and released her on a list of conditions. They included not having contact with Ricky Manz, the owner of the former Richmound School which her followers had been inhabiting.
During a search of the school, the RCMP said officers seized 13 imitation firearms, ammunition and a large number of electronics.
Police re-arrested Didulo the next day for breaking those conditions by having contact with Manz.
She was eventually released when she agreed to conditions that included living at a residence in Regina and staying away from Richmound.
Read more:
- Judge denies Romana Didulo’s request to move Swift Current case
- RCMP release all 16 in Richmound search warrant, two re-arrested, no charges
- ‘When has a cult ever turned good?’: Richmound mayor describes aftermath of raid
— with files from 650 CKOM









