A man has been charged after the death of a 26-year-old woman walking in a Regina street in December last year, police said on Friday.
Regina Police Service (RPS) said in a news release on Feb. 20 that the 49-year old man had been charged with unlawfully operating a vehicle at an unsafe speed and was scheduled in appear in Regina Provincial Court on March 30.
Read more:
- Canada has to settle for silver in Olympic hockey loss to U.S.
- ‘So proud’: Regina family celebrates Ben Hebert’s Olympic gold
- Provincial champion skip Ackerman returning to curling after two-year break
The charge is the result of a detailed, nearly two-month investigation led by the Regina Police Service Investigative Collision Analysis Reconstruction Team (ICART), police said, after officers were called to an area near the intersection of Kress Street and Longman Crescent by the man who was charged shortly before 7:40 am on Dec. 16, 2025.
Police said a pick-up truck had hit the woman, who was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries and later died, and the driver had remained on the scene and contacted police.
ICART investigates complex collision scenes, which are are some of the most detailed and complex investigations done by a police service, RPS said.
Read more:









