Police in Regina say an officer suffered a broken hand during the arrest of a 68-year-old break-and-enter suspect last week.
According to a statement issued on Tuesday by the Regina Police Service, officers stopped a vehicle at the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Angus Street on August 10 after learning that the vehicle was registered to a person who was wanted in connection with multiple break-ins.
Read more:
- Regina’s Cornwall Centre lockdown prompted by ‘cap guns,’ say police
- Two women face murder charges after deaths on Elphinstone Street: Regina police
- Regina downtown call to prayer draws mixed public reaction
According to police, the man got out of the vehicle when officers told him to, but then “attempted to push past” the officers.
“The suspect was taken to the ground, where he continued to resist arrest and reached towards the officer’s duty belt,” the police force said.
“Additional officers arrived and assisted in gaining control of the suspect. He was subsequently arrested without further incident. One officer sustained a broken hand during the arrest.”
The police force did not provide details on how the officer’s hand was injured.
Police said the 68-year-old man was charged with resisting arrest, along with five counts of breaking and entering and committing an offence and three counts of wearing a disguise with intent.
The man appeared in Regina Provincial Court last Tuesday, police said.









